C.A.A.O.P.
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

C.A.A.O.P.

Computer Addict Anonymes (Ou Pas)

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON AVR-X2800H, Enceinte ...
1190 € 1950 €
Voir le deal

[The Good Shepherd]The untold story of the birth of CIA

AuteurMessage
waz
Nerd
Nerd
waz

Masculin Nombre de messages : 113

[The Good Shepherd]The untold story of the birth of CIA Empty
MessageSujet: [The Good Shepherd]The untold story of the birth of CIA   [The Good Shepherd]The untold story of the birth of CIA Icon_minitimeMar 21 Aoû - 22:50

[The Good Shepherd]The untold story of the birth of CIA The_good_shepherd

When we think of spy movie, thoughts of car chase, back-stabbing, power struggle, sex, explosions , fight sequence and complicated mind games rush through our brain at dazzling speed. Now, if we add Matt Damon from the Bourne franchise, De Niro from Godfather and Angelina Jolie from Mr and Mrs Smith to all this, immediately, we brace ourselves for some out-of-this-world extra. We know something really big and deafening is going to happen. Any minute now, the screen will be blown to pieces. We will have this money shot of them actors looking Brad Pitt cool with their guns blaring.

Well, if that has been the case with you, be prepared to be disappointed. This movie is as cold and cryptic as it can get. The main character is stone cold. He doesn't necessarily show any real emotions. He is quiet, reserved and does lack any sense of humor. But, he makes it up with his intelligence and determination to protect his country. Further, it's possible he is paranoid secondary to his line of work (i.e. counter-intelligence). For e.g. he ends up having a few people killed in the movie. But, it's never fully explained that they are in deed the baddies. It's all a big 'what if'. Even in the end, the question mark is left hanging and we are like: 'euh...is that it? am I supposed to watch it again to better understand the plot?'

euh, no, there is no plot other than a bright, introvert, insecure, potentially gay guy who accidentally finds himself in the cloak and dagger world. His life is made tupsy turvy by this. He ends up marrying his job instead of having sex with his hot wife. His kid is as nerdy and socially inept as he is. He saves himself from being fired. He becomes head of the counter-intel division. That's it. There is no interesting twists in the movie. The tension, if any, is kept at a minimum low. The sex is not that hot. It's all cold. I guess that's why they call it the cold war era! Razz It's boring then, right?

nah, personally, I find it fascinating. It's hard to explain why though. It can be because of Matt Damon's acting. He is supposed to be stoical and yet convey what he, his character, is thinking. What a paradox! But, I reckon he is really good at it!!! He always have a poker face on. mane, even with my mind-blindness, I can't achieve this. Razz

One of the recurring themes that keep hitting me is fatherhood. De Niro's character seems like a father figure to the protagonist. The latter has more or less witnessed his father's suicide. Now, he himself is trying to be a proper father. Finally, because of his job, he is like the father who is protecting a nation. Funny enough, his code name is mother amongst the Russian spies.

In sum, it's a must watch if you don't mind a slow-paced movie where the acting is what potentially makes the story more vibrant. Otherwise, stay clear!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://wazkim.blogspot.com/

[The Good Shepherd]The untold story of the birth of CIA
Page 1 sur 1